A Lower Fee Option for Routine Health Care/vaccinations for Pets over 5 months old.
Wednesday Mornings 9:00am – 1:00pm
In an effort to serve our community and help pet owners who are in need of a lower cost option for maintaining their pet’s preventative care, Dublin Veterinary Hospital holds lower fee Wellness Care/Vaccination Clinics (VC) every Wednesday morning from 9:00am until noon. The goal is to give pet owners the option of lower cost preventative care in a professional and caring environment.
How Does the Wellness Clinic Work?
Appointments are recommended and preferred for the vaccination clinic. Walk-ins are welcome; however, those pets with appointments will be given priority and time is limited to four hours for each clinic. Please call us at 1-925-828-5520 to register your pet for the services.
If you are not a current client of Dublin Veterinary Hospital, you will also need to fill out our registration form. Please bring all the previous vaccination records of your pets. Here is some information on low cost dog and cat vaccinations.
Services Provided at the Wellness Care Clinic:
- Preventative Care Examination ………………………………………………… $29 (This is required for any of the Vaccination Clinic services)
(This exam pertains to preventative care like vaccinations, Parasite control or for prescription/consultation on non urgent health problem. Only on Wednesdays)
- Rabies 1year/3 year ………………………… $16
- DHPP (Distemper/Parvo 5-in-one) …………$16
- Bordatella (Kennel Cough) ………………… $16
- Leptospirosis (4 component) ………………$20
- Lyme …………………………………………….. $20
- Rabies 1 year (Adjuvant free) ………………$21
- FVRCP (Distemper/Upper Respiratory)…..$16
- Feline Leukemia …………………………………$21
We also offer Heartworm testing, Feline leukemia/AIDS testing and fecal exam during our vaccination clinic hrs.
Heartworm and Flea Prevention Products:
Owners with pets that receive services at Vaccination Clinic may purchase parasite preventative medications at our hospital’s very competitive prices. A list of products and prices will be available at the clinic.
”The Fine Print”:
- A Wellness Care Examination of your pet is required and will be performed as part of any service provided. This is a necessary step in establishing a valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship as required by the California Veterinary practice act and is also in the best interest of your pet. It is the most basic exam to evaluate your pet’s general health and assure that he or she is healthy enough to receive vaccinations with minimal risk. It is not the same as our general comprehensive physical exam appointment or illness/injury appointment.
The WC exam includes obtaining vitals (weight, temperature, heart & respiratory rate), palpation of lymph nodes, auscultation of heart and lungs, and evaluation of general body condition. It does not include evaluation of specific problems, diagnostic testing for any problem, prescription of medications, or treatment of problems or health concerns.
- The Vaccination Clinic is designed for healthy dogs and cats that are over 5 months old. We do not accept puppies and kittens for the VC as they need more involved health care and examinations. We offer separate lower cost packages for puppies and kittens as part of our routine schedule hours.
- If your pet is ill or has a problem that you would like to discuss with the Veterinarian, you are encouraged to set up a general, comprehensive examination appointment instead of coming to the VC. If during the course of the VC exam we discover a problem that you wish to discuss, we will be happy to schedule a time to do so and provide you with an estimate for the fees associated with that care.
- Pets with a known history of vaccine reaction are not eligible for the Vaccination clinic. These pets should have their vaccinations during regular scheduled hours where they can receive any needed medications and be monitored.
- All pets must be restrained on a leash or in a carrier and be adequately controlled by their owners. We do not accept highly fractious or aggressive pets for the VC.
- Payment is required at the time of service. We accept credit and debit cards, cash, and checks. Checks must be verified via our electronic system.
“The Really Fine Print”:
- If you have to cancel or reschedule your pet for the VC, we request you call us and inform us 24 hrs prior to your appointment. Any pet that has missed their appointment more than one time will no longer be eligible for VC services.
- We are providing these services at these fees during the scheduled Wellness Care Clinic times only. These services are offered as a community service much lower than regular fees and cannot be offered during our regular schedule hours.
- Due to the already lowered fees for this program, other coupons or promotions, such as our Share The Care credit, cannot be applied toward the cost of VC services. We can still apply these credits to your account toward future regular medical services.
- We reserve the right to discontinue the Vaccination Clinic program at any time without advance notice.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any person or patient at any time, for any reason.
- Look forward to provide veterinary services to your pet by our best veterinarian at our veterinary hospital in Dublin !!